I’ve been asked several questions regarding what products I use on my skin or what products I recommend using, so I’m creating this post to share with you all of my skincare product details!
Let me just put it out there, this is my IDEAL nighttime routine… Sometimes I’m lucky if I even break out the micellar water to remove my makeup before heading to bed… I know that sleeping with your makeup on is one of the worst things you can do for your skin; I’m not proud, but it happens…
To start off I put my hair in a bun and grab a headband to hold my baby hair in place and that way I don’t make a giant mess.
Step 1: Erase Pre-cleanse Oil
- Oil cleanser helps pull out oil-based debris from the skin and also helps to remove even the toughest of waterproof makeup!
- It will also help to remove excess sebum and balance the skin, preventing the overproduction of sebum. Over time, you’ll notice your face becoming less shiny using an oil-based cleanser.
- Locks in longer-lasting moisture.
Step 2: Milk + Honey Cleanser
The Milk + Honey powder cleanser from Selah Skin Studio is AMAZING! with ingredients like soothing colloidal oatmeal, moisturizing milk, healing honey, calming chamomile flowers, and relaxing lavender, it locks in moisture and is super gentle on the skin!
Step 3: Micellar Water
To make sure I’ve removed ever last bit of my makeup, I usually take some micellar water on a cotton round and wipe it gently across my eyes a few times.
Step 4: Masking
“Guayaba Glow” & “Berries + Cream”
Next up are my two favorite powder masks, Selah Skin Studio’s “Guayaba Glow” & the “Berries + Cream.”
You know a product is food-grade when you find actual chunks of berries in your mask! Both of these powder masks 1. smell amazing and 2. work wonders for my skin!
“Guayaba Glow”: Purchase Here
Since this is a brightening and firming mask, I usually apply this on my forehead and on my cheeks!
- stimulates natural collagen production and helps brighten, tighten the skin while healing hyperpigmentation.
- that weren’t enough, this mask also helps to diminish acne and redness due to its powerful yet soothing astringent properties.
“Berries + Cream”: Purchase Here
This mask is an exfoliating mask, and helps with my congested areas (areas where I tend to get a lot of blackheads), so I usually apply this mask to my chin and my nose.
- Full of antioxidants, Omega-3 fatty acids and packed with Vitamin C, strawberries are the perfect pick for this exfoliating mask.
- Strawberries naturally contain both Malic and Citric Acids (AHAs) which penetrate the skin to support collagen production, improves hyper-pigmentation, and restores the skin to vital health.
Now, you’re probably wondering why a powder cleanser and masks? Here are just a few of the benefits of powder products over pre-made products.
- Pre-made masks have already been activated, which means they have a shorter shelf life after they’ve been opened and are more likely to have larger amounts of chemicals and preservatives whereas powdered masks are activated by the base (water, yogurt, etc.) every single time they are used.
- Because powdered masks are activated upon every single use, you are unleashing the full power of the mask whenever it is applied to your skin. Each mask is carefully crafted with powerful ingredients to work their magic and you don’t want lousy chemicals and preservatives getting in the way!
- Although powdered masks do take a little more preparation than pre-made masks, you can use this time to really focus on taking care of yourself and your skin; making time to SELAH (pause + reflect).
Step 5: Radiance Serum
The serum that keeps my skin so moisturized and truly looking radiant! With several drops on my hands I massage this oil into my skin, making sure my skin is able to drink up every ounce of its goodness!
- An energizing blend of beautifying oils including Carrot Seed Oil which is packed with Vitamin A well known for its ability to keep the skin radiating with a healthy glow!
- Carrot Seed Oil is rich in carotene and vitamin A both extremely beneficial in the fight against premature aging and essential for healthy skin
- The antioxidants found in this essential oil repairs the damages done to your tissues by oxidants (free radicals) and stops them from doing further harm.
- Sweet Almond Oil rich in Vitamin E keeps skin hydrated while works on building the immune system of your skin to ward off damaging UV’s.
- The special blend of floral essentials oils were carefully chosen for their power to fend off premature aging and the ability to replace lackluster skin with health and vibrancy.
Step 6: Jade Rolling
You’ve probably heard about jade rollers before, but I wanted to provide some of the benefits they offer below!
- The gentle pressure helps to stimulate circulation and leave the facial muscles more relaxed.
- By encouraging lymphatic drainage, this boosts the skin’s natural detoxification process.
- By drawing away toxins, this allows a gentle toning and lifting effect.
- The naturally cooling sensation helps to calm the skin, depuff, and soothe inflammation
- Facial massage is known to be a stress reliever. The daily ritual can relieve tension and act a small act of self-care in the day
- Helps serums to penetrate the skin better.
I also created the video below so you can see these products in action!