I just recently discovered my favorite banana bread recipe and it is so good! It’s the perfect fix for breakfast or a yummy snack after lunch or even dessert! Throw a slice back into the toaster oven and add a scoop of ice cream, voilà! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, during the past month, I’ve made this recipe at least 3 times. I’ve also written a post on my favorite new whipped coffee recipe!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for topping if desired.
- I actually hate nuts in my banana bread so I ALWAYS skip this step! OR instead of nuts, add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- Instead for a topping, I will take two very thin slices of banana and place them on top, it gives it more of a “Magnolia,” Johanna Gaines look. Don’t worry about them burning, they’ll just bake right into the bread!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour an 8.5×4.5-inch loaf pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the melted butter, then add the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir well with a large wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt over the banana mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and walnuts or chocolate chips (if desired), and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf, comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slice into 10 thick slices and serve.
If your bread pans are larger or smaller than mine, your bake time might be on the shorter or longer side, respectively.
This banana bread recipe can also be made as muffins. Just divide between the cups of a muffin tin and bake for 20-24 minutes until muffins are done and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
SHOP THIS POST:
If you make this recipe I would love to see! Tag me @cwlblog and use #cwlstyle for a chance to be featured!
Don’t forget to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos!
original recipe: https://houseofnasheats.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/