Happy Easter! Easter is such a pretty holiday filled with lots of colorful bunnies, candy, and pastels. However, let us not forget that Jesus is the reason for this wonderful season! With that being said, I have an awesome Easter Sunday Pancake recipe for all of you and I’m so excited to share! These pancakes are not only healthy for you, but they’re also gluten-free and packed with energy so that you can worship all morning!
Here is what you will need to get started:
- 1/2 cup flour (I used oat flour to make it gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar of your choice
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp more milk of choice or 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the toppings:
As for toppings, I used sliced bananas, powdered sugar, chia seeds, cacao nibs, peanut butter, and coconut shavings. These toppings are optional, of course! Feel free to add or subtract whichever toppings you would like!
Now let’s get to the fun part:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. (I start with the dry ingredients first).
- Mix the ingredients well and your batter is ready to be made into yummy pancakes!
- Next, add circular servings of the batter onto a greased griddle. Flip the pancakes when you see little bubbles forming on the top or that they are golden brown around the edges.
- Finally, stack the pancakes on top of each other. Get creative! Decorate your yummy pancakes with whatever toppings you like. I love fresh fruit and superfoods on anything, so that is what I added to the masterpiece today!
I hope you enjoy these Easter Sunday Pancakes!