Hey ladies! Without a doubt, its been the hottest summer I’ve ever experienced. I walk outside and I feel like my skin is melting off. Due to this nefarious heat, I’m constantly staying hydrated. You’ll see me running down my driveway with my trusty mason jar of water in one hand and my car keys in the other; scattering to quickly get in the car and turn on the a.c.. I’m a BIG water drinker; however, I know not everybody is! Therefore, I’ve thrown together a short and sweet infused water recipe for you guys to make your h20 a little more exciting!
If you’ve never heard of infused water before, then today is your lucky day! Infused water, also known as detox, fruit-flavored, or fruit infused water, is simply a mixture of fruit, herbs, & vegetables (on occasions) inundated in cold water. Infused water not only tastes refreshing but also aids in weight loss and detoxing.
Here is a list of the benefits of fruit infused water:
- Improves your mood.
- Flushes toxins from your system.
- Naturally assists your body in releasing fat cells for water weight loss.
- It helps in the digestion process.
- Keeps your organs healthy while you’re sweating.
- Reduces muscle fatigue while working out.
- It helps you recuperate faster from a workout.
- Keeps you from feeling groggy in the afternoon.
For the first fruit-infused drink, you will need…
- a handful of sliced strawberries.
- a handful of sliced orange.
Combine the two in a pitcher of ice-cold water and you’re done!
For the second fruit-infused drink, you will need…
- a handful of sliced cucumber.
- a handful of sliced lime or lemon.
Please feel free to add or subtract whatever it is you want from these recipes. You can add herbs or different fruits to either one and make it your own! These are just two examples of super-simple fruit-infused water.